Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Swimming and Gardening


We went swimming, as we often do, and a friendly game of tug-of-war insued. The boys never could get April in, but as you can tell from the big splash next to her, she was able to get them in sometimes. While we were out swimming recently I checked on my garden as I often do, and...


I discovered my first 'fruits' in our garden! The kids and I planted corn, watermelon, and pumpkin a month ago or so. We were pretty unsure about how to garden, what to plant, and stuff like that. I held out hope that we could get something green out of the ground, but was prepared to fail-so imagine how excited I am to actually get this far! The kids and I have had a blast with this small patch of ground, and I can't wait to clear a bigger area and plant some more! This garden is a success in my book-even if this is as far as it ever gets!!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the garden. I can't figure out how to get grass to survive consistently in this oppressive heat, nevermind veggies and such. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete